While mattresses in a box have been around since the early 2000’s, the concept still feels foreign to many people. For decades prior, the standard practice of buying a mattress by walking into a store was the only way to get a new bed. But we like to think of the mattress in a box as the solution to the pain points of that “traditional” experience. No pushy sales people. No lugging home a large, awkwardly shaped mattress and dragging it into the bedroom. And comparison shopping? Easier than ever to do online, in the comfort of your own home.
What is a mattress in a box?
Once unpackaged, a mattress in a box is no different from one you would find at a mattress store. The only difference is that a boxed mattress has been vacuum packed and rolled up for easy packaging and shipping that can go straight to the consumer. Purchasing directly from a company that produces their own boxed mattress can often be more cost-effective because there’s no middleman involved.
How do you put a mattress in a box?
Over the past few decades, we’ve perfected our manufacturing and packaging processes for both spring and foam mattresses. Using state-of-the-art equipment, compressing a mattress into a slim shipping box happens in just a few minutes.
Why buy a mattress in a box?
There are many benefits to buying your mattress in a box as opposed to the more traditional way of taking home a large, fully decompressed mattress.
- A mattress in a box comes straight to your door
- Most mattress boxes are easy to lift or roll straight into the bedroom
- Unlike buying a mattress in person, buying an online mattress gives you the opportunity to browse lots of customer reviews before purchasing
- Purchasing a mattress online means you have all the time you need to make an informed decision, without the added pressure of a pushy salesperson
- Buying a mattress online (especially from a vertically integrated company, like us) is often more cost-effective
How do I unbox my mattress?
Getting your brand new mattress out of the box is simpler than you might think. All you'll need to do is follow a few simple steps:
- In the room where the mattress will go, carefully cut open the top of the box, lay it on its side, and remove the bagged mattress.
- Carefully tear away the first layer of plastic packing material, allowing the flat, compressed mattress to unroll. Do not use a knife for this step, as this may result in damage to your mattress.
- If using a platform bed, bunkie board, or box spring, move the mattress on top of that foundation now. With scissors, cut along the clear plastic edge at one end of the mattress, being careful to cut only through the plastic wrapping.
- This is the fun part! Upon removing the inner plastic wrapping, your mattress will begin to expand instantly. Remove and recycle the wrapping and watch your new bed come to life!